Thursday, March 31, 2011

This is how my mare is shedding her winter coat


She is a very light colored Palomino. This is where the winter coat has started to fall out.Believe it or not there is hair there.She is six years old and from the looks of things changing color. I don't believe she is a true Palomino in color.She has gray in her mane and tail and one white spot that only shows in the summer. I thought they changed their color at a younger age.It is going to be interesting to see.As I groomed her yesterday I saw more and more of the darker color.

So a lot of people say that when they shed this much at once it means we are in for one hot Summer. I don't know if that is true or not.But I won't complain after the winter we had this far South. Do you think taht is true or a myth ? Several horses are shedding to the point they look bald in spots but there is a fine cover of fuzz.

The below picture is how she has looked since I bought her.She is fatter now! By the way , her name is Summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment